Law Regulating Nuclear & Radiological Activities
The law aims at setting a legal framework to regulate all the nuclear and radioactive activities in the Arab Republic of Egypt in a way that ensures the safety and protection of human beings, property and environment against the radioactive hazards.The provisions of this law shall apply to the nuclear and radioactive establishments, activities, and exercises in all fields including in particular:
- All the phases of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- The Nuclear Reactors used for different purposes and the research, laboratory and testing reactors in all phases starting from the selection of site, design, construction, inauguration, operation, closing, rehabilitation, and liberation of regulatory supervision.
- The critical and subcritical assemblies and different types of nuclear accelerators in all the phases starting from the selection of site, until the end of services, rehabilitation of site and liberation of regulatory supervision.
- Safe transportation of radioactive materials
- Approval of the radioactive materials export and import.
- Nuclear and Radioactive practices for all purposes including medical, industrial, agricultural, and research purposes
- Disposal of naturally generated radioactive materials resulting from oil and raw materials exploration.